Today NiOh 2 Producer and Director Fumihiko Yasuda shared quite a few interesting details about the game during a behind-closed-doors presentation hosted by Sony Interactive Entertainment which Twinfinite attended.
Below you can read a recap of what he mentioned, including details on gameplay, features, and multiplayer.
We also get a rough estimate of the game’s length, a hint to future DLC, and much more.
- The concept for the game is “Sengoku Youkai Death Game.”
- The game doesn’t just feature enemy youkai, but also lets the player become one. It’s a Sengoku era dark fantasy game.
- NiOh 2 stars two popular Japanese actors (which Yasuda-san jokingly said aren’t unfortunately as popular worldwide as Keanu Reeves). the historical character Toukichiro is played by Naoto Takenaka, while the original character Mumiyo is played by Haru.
- The hero fuses the skill and prowess of a samurai with the power of the youkai.
- That power grants you the ability to use special moves. The player can…